Monday, August 29, 2011

Little Leather Poppies

Remember how I told you I had leather that was just sitting there, all neglected and alone?

Now you get to see my first real attempt since the infamous bow failure to work with leather!
 I decided to start by making leather poppies, a la my friend Kendra.
Kendra's poppies! Aren't they gorgeous? My friend is so talented.
So I cut up some of my beautiful red leather and here are the results:
I couldn't get a decent photo of the "curve." In real life they're actually pretty rounded. They're still not the Kendra-esque level of dimension, but I'm really really happy with them! I think they'll look adorable on some bobby pins...

Overall, it was a relativity easy project to dip my toes into the wide and wacky world of leather craft, once I got over the stress of cutting the leather(gasp!) and once I caught the hang of sewing through 2 layers of leather. I definitely think this project is a do againer...

What crazy, out-of-the-comfort-zone crafts are you looking to tackle?
Thanks for reading!

I'll be linking up at the following:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! Your comments make my day!